Women's Bible Studies are offered in the Fall and Spring. Studies are offered in the morning and evening, several days a week. We pray you will find one that will help you connect deeper with God and with others.
Check out the Salem Womens Ministry Facebook page (click Here) or www.salemefc.org/women for updated information.
Fall 2021 Offerings:
There are a variety of new bible studies offered for women this semester; great opportunities to engage in God’s Word with other women here at Salem. Included are in-person, outdoor and online options; morning and evening meetings; and a spectrum regarding the amount of time and outside homework – some with none and others with a bit more. It is our hope that you feel drawn into one of these groups!
NOTE: If your group is using materials, they can be purchased from your leader at the first meeting.
- Turning of Days: Lessons from Nature, Season, and Spirit by Hannah Anderson: Bring a warm beverage, gather for a short autumnal themed devotional, and then spend time hiking or resting in the park on your own or with a partner.
- Women Following God’s Call: From Deborah to Phoebe to Margery Kempe to Beth Moore, women have followed the call of God on their lives. We will explore the lives of women leaders in the Bible, in church history, and the present day.
TUESDAY BIBLE STUDIES
Held Tuesday mornings from 9:00-11:00 am at Moorhead and a great way to connect with other women. Typical gatherings begin with a breakfast and fellowship time followed by breaking out into groups. Childcare is available.
- Study of Ephesians: A ‘dig-in’ of Paul’s letter. Individual and group discovery while soaking ourselves in Ephesians in tandem with Pastor Seth’s Sunday messages.
- Gentle & Lowly by Dane Ortlund: Jesus said he is ‘gentle and lowly in heart.’ Come reflect on these words and open up a neglected yet central truth about who he is for sinners and sufferers today.
- Study of the Gospel of John: We will pray, observe, interpret, apply, and worship through the book of John.
- The Parables: Understanding What Jesus Meant by Gary Inrig: Understanding the target audience, the first century Jewish world into which Jesus is speaking, and the upside down kingdom of God helps us to gain a fresh understanding of these amazing teachings.
- What if Jesus was Serious…About Prayer? by Skye Jethani: Words of wisdom combined with effective doodles for the visual learner. “Prayer isn’t about getting answers, but getting God.”
- Care & Connect: Some seasons are busier than others and maybe weekly homework doesn’t fit your current schedule. Come for great conversation, prayer, and be encouraged!
- God of Covenant - Online (Jen Wilkin)
- Jesus in Me: Experiencing the Holy Spirit as a Constant Companion by Anne Graham Lotz: Discover why the Holy Spirit is not an optional extra in Christian life. DVD Study.
Click HERE to find out more information about each study, including materials, location and leaders.
Click HERE to Register
If you have suggestions or a desire to lead a group of women, please contact the leader, Sara Carlson, by clicking the link below.